Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Single Serving Cookie

Cookies are yummy!

Ok that's a good enough intro. 

Single Serving Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
 You Will Need:
1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. chocolate chips

Directions:
In a bowl, ix together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg yolk.  Add in the flour and salt.  Mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips. Put the dough in a small microwavable bowl, ramekin, or coffee cup.  Microwave for 40-60 seconds or until the cookie looks done. 
Best served warm… Enjoy!

Being super lazy, I threw all the ingredients in, stirred them up and microwaved it.  That didn't work out so well.  It was really gross and had a very strange flaky texture.

So I tried again and this time actually followed the directions.  It took about 3 minutes start to finish, which was nice because I wanted that cookie now! Just call me Veruca Salt "don't care how, I want it now!"

At 40 seconds I pulled it out and the middle was still a bit undercooked.  Another 20 seconds did the trick (I forgot to take a picture of the final product oops)

The Verdict: The outside edges were very dry while the middle was a strange spongy texture.  That could have been due to the mug I used, but even if you find a way to cook it evenly, that won't help the nasty taste. 

I really don't know how to describe the taste other then it tasted like a cookie that was nuked in a microwave instead of slow cooked in an oven. 

Maybe if your seriously desperate for a cookie fix then this would work, but I'd rather just skip the cookie part and eat the chocolate chips instead of subjecting myself to another one of these things.